Your volunteering keeps us building.
Schedule a Construction Volunteer Day for your group!
A volunteer group can be made up of colleagues, congregants, students, friends, and/or family members. We want this to be a fun and engaging experience for everyone in your group and look forward to arranging a volunteer opportunity with you!
You have a great idea to help out in the community, now what? Check in with your team to make sure volunteering with Habitat for Humanity is a good fit.
- Can your group volunteer from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on a Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday?
- Can you select a date when interested participants can attend? We can accommodate up to 12 people per site.
- Are members of the group comfortable working outdoors on a build site?
- As the group leader, can you commit to working with the Volunteer Coordinator to schedule volunteers for the day?
- If you (and your group!) answered yes to these questions then you are ready to schedule a date.
Scheduling A Work Day
Contact Hector Melendez, Volunteer Coordinator, at: email@example.com or 352-351-4663 with your proposed volunteer day. If that day is open we will happily add you to the schedule. Depending on how far out the date is scheduled the Volunteer Coordinator may be able to provide you with the address of the worksite. Please note that construction schedules change quickly due to the weather, availability of skilled individuals, and other factors so the location may change prior to the scheduled date. The Volunteer Coordinator will update the group leader of any changes.
All members of your team will need to fill out a Volunteer Waiver that the Volunteer Coordinator will provide for you.
Funds & Photos
We ask that you take pictures or video of your group on site. We love to share construction progress on our website and on social media! You may also share these pictures in your own communications.